As a patron of the Chamberlin Library, you have access not only to items that we own, but also to items owned by other libraries throughout New Hampshire through the state-wide interlibrary loan program. The New Hampshire Union Public Access Catalog (NHU-PAC) shows all of the holdings of all the libraries in New Hampshire.
The interlibrary loan process is simple:
- Fill out an Interlibrary Loan Request form at the circulation desk. Please be sure to include a working phone number. If you would prefer to be contacted through email, please indicate that on the form. You are also welcome place requests by phone (878-1105) or email.
- We will request the item and contact you as soon as it arrives at the library.
- Return the item to the Chamberlin Library on or before the indicated due date and we will send it back to the library it came from.
A few things to note about interlibrary loan:
- Our interlibrary loan van comes every Friday with items for our patrons. We will contact you as soon as we are finished processing the items.
- Please allow at least two weeks for your item to arrive.
- Most libraries will not lend new materials. While we are happy to try to request a new item for you, please understand that it may be very difficult to borrow.
- Renewals may be possible on some items. Please contact the library if you need an item for longer than the due date.
- We are borrowing materials from other libraries. It is essential that you return the items promptly and in good condition. Any fees that the lending library charges for overdue, damaged, or lost items will be passed on to you, the borrower of the item.